A respectful member of the <Kingdom> community agreed to step up and act as the kingdom's ruler for a short time. What could possibly go wrong?I Will Do It! is the only approach to the quest King For A Day and costs 3 QP to start. Any Sim is eligible for the quest except the Monarch. The storyline takes you through several odd instances that require a Monarch's attention. The first of these events is a bunch of stinky cheese on the ship. Every hero has a different way of dealing with this problem. So far, it has been determined-
- The Bard goes to brew a very strong beverage to dissolve the cheese.
- The Blacksmith tries to make a cage for the cheese and send it to a watery grave.
- The Jacoban Priest simply drops it down the town well, planning to use it as a chance to teach the townsfolk of the Watcher's vengeance
- The Knight and Spy try to wrap the cheese in meat and feed it to the Pit Beast.
- The Merchant sells the cheese in the village as a "gourmet" cheese.
- The Peteran Priest simply walks in and picks up the cheese, and invokes the Watcher's powers to cleanse it.
- The Physician uses leeches to remove a majority of the mold and then burns the rest in a fireplace.
- The Wizard has someone hold the cheese so he/she can destroy it with a spell.
*Quest choices do not affect overall outcome*
completed with Merchant
- Let Monarch know you are ready to be Proxy --> Sit on the Throne
- Visit the Town square --> Ask a Nauseated Villager about the stench
- Question Town Crier about malicious Rumors -->
Choice- Deal with Town Crier with Conversation -or- Intimidate?
- Conversation- Become Friends with Town Crier
- Intimidate- Harass until Disliked relationship level is achieved
- Board the ship to get the Stinky Cheese --> Attempt to sell "Gourmet" Cheese in the Village shoppe
- Return to the Throne room --> Question Royal Advisor about the Disturbance
- Talk to one of the Revelers about Disturbance
Choice- Shut Down the party -or- Live it up!
- Shut Down- Shut the party down (talk with reveler)
- Live it up!- Speak with Reveler to join party --> Revel with Revelers (wait for action to countdown) --> tell Revelers of Monarch's return
Choice- Don't get a Homecoming gift -or- Get a gift
- No gift- Monarch will be returning soon! (1hr wait)
- Get a gift- Buy Homecoming gift for Monarch --> (go to village shoppe) --> Give Monarch the gift
- Give the Monarch a Status report