A Legendary Trait (LT) is one of the ten virtues that can replace a Sims Fatal Flaw. Earning a legendary trait requires very specific choices, and getting the trait reward is not a guaranteed outcome, in some cases.
- Guild Connections
- Natural Leader
- Strong Constitution
- Dread Pirate
Quests Granting Legendary Traits
These quests will open the Trait Swapper where the Sim's Fatal Flaw can be replaced by one of a random selection of three Legendary Traits. The quests in which Sims can earn a Legendary Trait (LT) are:
- The Betrayal - A Monarch, Physician or Spy with the fatal flaw Guild Enemy can get a LT by choosing to betray or double-cross the Pirates, depending on which quest approach is used. This is a quest from the Pirates and Nobles expansion.
- The Dragon of (Kingdom) - A Spy or a level 5+ Bard, Knight, Monarch, Merchant,or Wizard in a Kingdom with a paltry Knowledge aspect can earn a LT, depending on which quest approach is chosen. The secondary hero does not get a LT from the quest.
- End the War: Punish the Pirates - Any Hero with the fatal flaw Guild Enemy, except the Monarch, may get a LT. This is a quest from the Pirates and Nobles expansion.
- Fountain of Legend - Any Hero except the Monarch can get a LT by correctly solving a riddle related to their Fatal Flaw.
- The Fisherman's Challenge - Sims with the Whale Ate My Parents trait can get a LT if they take Fisherman Barney's advice and go on a successful whale hunt.
- Invasion - A Knight, Merchant, Spy, or Wizard in a Kingdom with a paltry Security aspect can gain a LT, depending on which quest approach is used. The secondary hero does not get a LT from the quest.
- The Philosopher's Stone - A level 5+ Wizard can get a LT by wishing for power rather than wealth. This quest also requires a Blacksmith as a secondary hero, who does not get a LT from the quest.
- Seven Mechanical Arts - The Blacksmith can gain a LT by forging a badge instead of a hammer at the end.
- Very Bazaar - In the Out Trade the Traders quest approach, the Merchant can earn a LT by not selling the Wonder Pearl. This is a Pirates and Nobles expansion quest.
- War Games - A level 5+ Knight can get a LT by getting their own gear from the Village, dueling rather than brawling, bestowing a favor instead of dancing, and defeating the Black Knight.
- A child can be born with a legendary trait
- A child of a parent with a legendary trait can be born with a legendary trait in place of a fatal flaw
- The 3 legendary trait choices will be random and not related to the type of hero or what fatal flaw the hero has.
It is possible to save and reload a game to get new traits to choose between if the first three choices were not to the players liking. But only if the game is saved before the trait swapper window pops up.
- Do not do this during Seven Mechanical Arts due to a possible bug that causes the quest item Badge of Blacksmithing to not get saved, majorly messing up the quest.