Patch 1.3 is the third patch for The Sims Medieval, released on April 28, 2011. In addition to bug fixes, it added many tweaks and additional features to the game. It was met with a positive reception, as these changes addressed a lot of the game's early criticism. This patch is available for both the PC and Mac version.
- Added the "Free Play" ambition, which has no specific goal and allows for more open gameplay.
- Children can now grow up and take a hero parent's place when that parent dies.
- The camera now allows tighter zooming and 360 degree rotation inside buildings.
- Quests, XP, and buildings are now available even after an ambition has been completed.
- Bonus levels are granted to Sims who gain experience after level 10, offering more income and better interaction success rates.
- Completing Brave New World with a hero and importing them into a new ambition allows them to retain some of their original profession interactions.
- Aspects raised beyond maximum capacity provide bonuses to the kingdom.
- Increased the maximum residents of a household from four to five.
- Implemented game stability improvements.
- Adjusted several quest instructions.
- Fixed several bugs related to staying on a quest for a long period of time.
- Improved detection of monitor resolution for certain some configurations.
- Fixed a variety of issues in Create-A-Sim.
- Fixed several text and art inconsistencies.