The Spy used to be close to the Monarch, but something has changed. Get to the bottom of it.Sly Slaying is one of two approaches to the quest Royal Assassination and it costs 4 QP to start. This is a paltry aspect quest, requiring Well-Being to be very low. The Spy, of any level, can complete this quest solo.
"I see the unseen. It's all terrible."
- Give $10 to Monarch --> Write a Get-Well-Soon letter for Monarch's cousin --> Mail Get-Well letter
- Give $100 to Monarch
Choice - How to pay $1000 Gold Buillions?
- Own Funds- Convert own money to Gold bar
- Steal from Monarch- Pickpocket Monarch (steal gold bar)
- Pay Monarch a $1000 Gold bar (Pay Monarch $1,000,000 in Lost Treasure; do other quest tasks..)
- Check for Secret Intel at the messenger post --> Follow the note's instructions (go to the Forest)
- Ask the Paranoid Peasant about the Monarch --> Go to the Pit
- Ask the Mysterious Pleading Peasant why she's upset (receive Royal Journal) --> Read the Monarch's Journal
- Visit the grave of Sambert Limnel (path to village ) --> Smuggle the Locket home
Choice - Get the Locket - Eat until I vomit -or- ..you know..
- Eat- Eat some cooked food --> Eat more food --> Cram down final meal --> Wait for the Locket
- Other- Retrieve locket (from chamberpot)
- Wash the Locket (in a wash basin)
Choice - Verify the Monarch - Favorite childhood toy -or- Lockets inscription (choice is for flavor only; pick either)
- Study the military strategy table
Choice - Deal with the Imposter - Assassinate -or- Confront
- Assassinate- (...continue...)
- Confront- Die with honor (receive "Marked for Death" debuff) --> (be trown in the Pit...'but you LIVE!; receive "Judged Innocent" buff)
- Find <Kingdom>'s treasure on Ship (receive 24 treasure items) --> Wait until Midnight
- Use the Cave passage --> Wait 5 hrs (the poison works, the imposter and lackeys are dead!)
- You need to have finished the first quest objective series and deadlined the quest before the final 5h timer expires, or you will not be able to complete the quest, as it will be waiting for you to pickpocket or pay the monarch when he's no longer alive.